Available at http://roomiebot.com, the new Roomie website works! I use the website to turn lights and things on and off from my desktop computer, laptop, smartphone, and and old still-has-a-browser iPod touch.
I spend most of my time on the Devices page, which lists all of the devices in all home automation networks on my account. (Right now I only have a single Z-Wave network, but in theory I could have a potpourri of different networks that include other existing home automation frameworks, IR transceivers, and—I dunno—USB missile launchers?)
Anyway, the UI all works, and dynamically updates when a devices state changes. Cool!
I was just working on Roomie (instead of studying for exams) and I cam across a very strange error.
I recently rearranged the Z-Wave modules in my house to devices that I care about controlling more. I put one on the coffee maker so that I could preload it and either schedule it to turn on or turn it on through the Roomie website, which would be good for if I were heading home sometime and wanted a fresh cup waiting for me. I also put a module on my computer monitors and speakers, which are in my bedroom. This lets a script turn them off when I go to bed and back on right before a script wakes me up with music.
This morning RoomieRemake woke me up with two short scripts. And hey, more news! I used the recently-updated website (which I’ve apparently never directly blogged about) to write the scripts. Here’s a screenshot of that.
Here’s the script that ran on Dreaming Nest, my Home Server, which has a ThinkStick USB Z-Wave controller.