I recently rearranged the Z-Wave modules in my house to devices that I care about controlling more. I put one on the coffee maker so that I could preload it and either schedule it to turn on or turn it on through the Roomie website, which would be good for if I were heading home sometime and wanted a fresh cup waiting for me. I also put a module on my computer monitors and speakers, which are in my bedroom. This lets a script turn them off when I go to bed and back on right before a script wakes me up with music.
This morning RoomieRemake woke me up with two short scripts. And hey, more news! I used the recently-updated website (which I’ve apparently never directly blogged about) to write the scripts. Here’s a screenshot of that.
Here’s the script that ran on Dreaming Nest, my Home Server, which has a ThinkStick USB Z-Wave controller.
Arcadia Preview 2 (version 1.0.489.0) is finally here!
Arcadia, my emulator frontend that manages a wide variety of classic gaming system files, is just around the corner! I have a stable version right now, and am looking for beta testers. (Contact me if you’re interested!) Once I give Arcadia the ability to check for update to itself I’ll release it publically, but for now email me and I’ll give it to you.
After completely rewriting FRI from scratch (and renaming it Arcadia), I have decided to rewrite my other big project, Roomie. This absolutely needed to be done. Roomie had some good functionality, but I had hit the limit for its extensibility. Roomie’s engine was a monolithic blob of ugly code, with very little room to make it into a full scripting language with features like custom functions and if statements. My redesign of Roomie, which I call RoomieRemake for now, is completely expandable, is properly multithreaded, and has all of the potential to be a robust, featurefull scripting language. Just like Arcadia, I am proud to declare that RoomieRemake shares absolutely no code with its predecessor. Not even a single copy/pasted line of code! More on that in a bit, but first an end scenario: