- Fix: emulator compatibility is now caps-insensitive
- Fix: emulator selector centered and has correct icon
- Re-Write: Emulator loader re-written. The emulator selector now looks finished. Note that ROMs can no longer be opened in bulk.
- New Feature: Image Health (good dump, bad dump) can now be searched.
- New Feature: The default size of the Advanced Search window is now just the right size to fit all of the content.
- New Feature: The default size of the Emulator Selector window is not just the right size to fit all of the content.
Here is the Emulator Selector when I select a PlayStation ROM to play. (I don’t have any PlayStation emulator configured to work with FRI, so it just shows all of the emulators.)
Here is the Emulator Selector when I select a Game Boy ROM to play. Since I have more than one Game Boy-compatible emulator configured in FRI, it gives me a choice.
- New Feature: More-detailed status messages in the status bar.
- Tweak: Many improvements to program responsiveness. Previous versions of FRI freeze temporarily when scanning for a large number of new ROMs, or when populating the ROM list when a large number of ROMs. Various tweaks, combined with the new status bar messages, ensure that FRI remains responsive and keep the user in control.
- New Feature: Maximum number of players can now be an implied meaning of a File Tag. This means that if a ROM has "[p1]" in the file name, then FRI will recognize it as a 1-player game. As always, the user can create new tags, so if the user has a lot of ROMs with "(1 player)" denoting that it is a 1-player ROM, then he can easily add that to the File Flag Vocabulary.
- New Feature: FRI now has the ability to randomly-select a ROM in the ROM-list, or (if multiple ROMs are already selected) to randomly-select a ROM out of the selected ROMs.
- New Feature: Now when FRI is closed it only saves the database if changes have been made.